Since 2011, we are promoters and partners of the Italian movement Lets do it! World, and organization founded in Estonia in 2008 with the intention of making the ambitious project to clean up their own country in a single day. The network has expanded globally, so every year, each national delegation is organizing a major event of cleaning. The clean up day, with the help of all forces gathered, tries to emphasize the importance of preservation of the common good and sustainable development.
Events promoted by Lets do it! Italy are:
– Lets do it! Vesuvius, 8-9 June 2013, and
– Lets do it! Mediterranean, 10 – 11 May 2014 and 9 – 10 May 2015
- To develop a common action plan to resolve the drama of illegal disposal and reusing waste
- To conduct research and support development that provides practical and creative solutions for new systems of natural resource management, as well as the management of minimizing the negative effects of water and soil pollution
- to develop an integrated communication campaign and media
- Organizing educational events and awareness of current environmental issues
- Developing a plan of virtuous waste management that tends towards the Zero Waste goal, as well as taking into account participatory processes
- Creating a plan of cooperation in order to develop sustainable environmental thinking within the government institutions and businesses
- Promoting an energy plan based on the use of renewable energy and energy savings
- Suggesting a model of building on local resources and initiatives that minimize the impact on the landscape and environment.
Join us and get involved in the many upcoming environmental campaigns! Lets do it!